Who Can Apply
We do not accept unsolicited applications. We do accept Letters of Concept for programs that target our investment strategies and preferred areas of focus. All programs or research must be conducted in the state of South Carolina. We only accept Letters of Concept from:
- Nonprofit organizations that have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Government agencies.
- Educational/research institutions that are tax-exempt.
We will only accept one Letter of Concept per non-profit organization during each grant cycle. We will not accept a Letter of Concept from an organization that has an open grant on the date the Letter of Concept is due.
We will not issue grants for:
- Doctor, dentist or pharmacist salaries
- Capital campaigns
- Brick and mortar establishments
- Religious activities
- Political campaigns or activities that influence legislation
- Groups seeking funds to purchase tickets or tables at fundraising events
- Membership drives
- Sports tournaments
- One time or annual events
- Raffles or auctions
- Other grant-making foundations
We will notify an organization if it is invited to submit an application. Get more information on the application process.